News:Union Health and Family Welfare Minister has presented the kayakalp Awards.
- Under A category,the first prize of Rs 3 crore was given to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS),Delhi.
- In the group B category, the winner was Shri Vinoba Bhave Civil Hospital (VBCH),Silvassa winning ₹2 crore.
About Kayakalp Awards:
- The Kayakalp Award was instituted as part of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in 2015.
Objective of the award:
- To promote cleanliness, hygiene and infection control practices in public health care facilities
- To incentivize and recognize such public healthcare facilities that show exemplary performance in adhering to standard protocols of cleanliness and infection control
- To inculcate a culture of ongoing assessment and peer review of performance related to hygiene, cleanliness and sanitation
- To create and share sustainable practices related to improved cleanliness in public health facilities linked to positive health outcomes.
- The awards would be distributed based on the performance of the facility on these parameters (a)sanitation and hygiene (b)infection control, (c)hospital upkeep (d)waste management and (e)community participation
- The assessment of these parameters would be done sequentially through a three tier system – internal assessment followed by peer assessment and then external assessment.