- Recently,women from Tamil Nadu have started making Kolam inspired maps to identify lucrative locations to set up businesses.
- They complete the map with pie charts on exports and imports from the village.This has helped more than 5,000 women earn a sustainable income in six districts of Tamil Nadu.
- Kolam is a geometric line drawing composed of curved loops drawn around a grid pattern of dots.It is practised in the southern states of India.
- Kolam is widely practised by female Hindu family members in front of their houses as these are thought to bring prosperity to homes.
- It is drawn by using rice flour, chalk, chalk powder or rock powder often using naturally or synthetically colored powder.
1 min read