- Goldman Environmental Prize,2019 has been announced.Six people from around the world have been selected for the award.
- Among them,Alfred Brownell from Liberia has also been awarded.He was awarded for his successful campaign to protect more than 500,000 acres of tropical forest from palm oil development in Liberia after which he was forced to flee the country in fear for his life.
- The Goldman Environmental Prize is a prize awarded annually to grassroots environmental activists.The award is given by the Goldman Environmental Foundation headquartered in San Francisco,California.It is also called the Green Nobel.
- The objective of the award is to honour those grassroots environmentalists who risk their lives to protect the environment and empower those people who have the most to lose from industrial projects.
- The Goldman Environmental Prize is awarded to one from each of the world’s six geographic regions which are Africa,Asia,Europe,Islands and Island Nations,North America and South and Central America.
6 min read