- The Election Commission has organised a workshop for training and capacity building of the community radios for voter education and awareness.
- The event was organised as part of Systemic Voters Education and Electoral Participation(SVEEP) programme. Further,Community radio stations have assured the EC to contribute their best for voter education and awareness.
- The Community radio is a radio service offering a third model of radio broadcasting in addition to commercial and public broadcasting.They broadcast content that is popular and relevant to a local,specific audience.
- Community radio stations are operated owned and influenced by the communities they serve.They are generally nonprofit and provide a mechanism for enabling individuals,groups and communities to tell their own stories to share experiences and in a media-rich world to become creators and contributors of media.
- SVEEP is a programme of multiple interventions through different modes and media.It is designed to educate citizens,electors and voters about the electoral process in order to increase their awareness and participation in the electoral processes.
- SVEEP is designed according to the socio-economic,cultural and demographic profile of the state as well as the history of electoral participation in previous rounds of elections and learning thereof.
2 min read