- The Defence Ministry has announced that Lucknow will host the 11th edition of DefExpo from February 5 to 8, 2020. It is the first time that the exhibition will take place in Uttar Pradesh.
- The theme of the DefExpo 2020 will be “India: the emerging defence manufacturing hub” and it will be focussed on “digital transformation of defence”
- The DefExpo will provide an opportunity to the major foreign Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to collaborate with the Indian defence industry and help promote ‘Make in India’ initiative
- It will also provide a platform for Defence industry OEMs, exhibitors and private industry to display their latest innovations and capabilities.
- The DefExpo is a biennial event. It offers Indian defence industry the opportunity to showcase its capabilities and promote its export potential. The last DefExpo was held in Chennai in 2018.
1 min read