- The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to declare the Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary a tiger reserve for better conservation of tigers.
- The state had received an approval for the same from the National Tiger Conservation Authority(NTCA).
- Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary was established in the year 1976.It has a forest area of around 688 sq km mainly comprising a beautiful teak forest.
- Ratapani Wildlife Sanctuary has a population of about 40 tigers while the movement of 12 tigers has been reported in the forest area of Bhopal. The whole area will be combined as one to declare it as a tiger reserve.
- The NTCA is a statutory body under the Ministry of Environment,Forests and Climate Change.NTCA was constituted under enabling provisions of the Wildlife (Protection) Act,1972 for strengthening tiger conservation.
1 min read