News:The Man Booker Prize 2019 has been jointly awarded to Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo.
- Canadian author Margaret Atwood was awarded for the book ‘The Testament’.
- Bernardine Evaristo was awarded for her book ‘Girl, Woman, Other’.She is the first black woman to win prestigious award since its creation in 1969.
About Man Booker Prize:
- The Man Booker Prize was launched in 1969.It is sponsored by the Man Group.
- It aims to promote the finest in fiction and is awarded each year to the book adjudged as the best novel of the year written in English and published in the United Kingdom.
- The prize is open to writers of any nationality and published in the UK or Ireland.
- The award carries a cash prize of 50,000 pounds or 64,000 US dollar.
- In 2018 Northern Irish writer Anna Burns won the Booker Prize for ‘Milkman’.