News:The Indian Naval Forces and the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) has conducted the first Mine Countermeasure Exercise(MINEX) at Kochi,Kerala.
About the exercise:
- The Mine Countermeasure Exercise(MINEX) is an annual exercise between India and Japan.
- This is the first time an explosive ordnance disposal and mine countermeasure exercise was held by Indian and Japanese forces.
Other exercises between India and Japan:
- JIMEX- It is a bilateral maritime exercise between India and Japan.
- Exercise Malabar– It is a trilateral naval exercise involving the United States, Japan and India as permanent partners.
- Sahayog-Kaijin – It is a joint bilateral exercise between Indian Coast Guard and the Japan Coast Guard.
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN- It is an annual joint military exercise between Indian and Japan since 2018.