News:The Directorate General of Training (DGT) under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship(MSDE) has announced the launch of Skills Build platform in collaboration with IBM.
About the platform:
- The skill builds platform aims to offer diplomas in IT, networking and cloud computing at Industrial Training Institutes(ITI) and National Skill Training Institutes(NSTI).
- The platform will also be extended to train ITI and NSTI faculty on AI skills for future work.
- This initiative is part of IBM’s global commitment to create a job-ready workforce and to build the next generation of skills needed for new collar careers.
- The platform is deployed with the support of IBM Volunteers along with the NGOs who will offer students personalised coaching and experiential learning opportunities.
- National Skill Training Institute(NSTI) is one of the premier institutes run by the Directorate General of Training (DGT),Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship,Govt.of India.
- It was initially set up by the Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGE&T), Ministry of Employment and Labour, Govt. of India in the year 1963.
- The main objective of NSTI is to impart training to the instructors of ITIs in the country.It also aims to impact Quality training & upgrading skills of the industrial workforce in emerging areas.