- Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) has handed over the design of Mobile Metallic Ramp(MMR) to the Indian Army.
- MMR has been designed and developed by DRDO’s premier research laboratory called Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES).
- MMR has a load bearing capacity of 70 metric ton(MT).It has been designed and developed on requirements projected by Army.
- Further,it is also portable and modular in design which can be easily assembled or disassembled.This will provide the strategic mobility for Armoured and Mechanized units and formations of the Army.
- DRDO was established in 1958 by the government of India.It is under the administrative control of Union Ministry of Defence.
- DRDO aims to enhance India’s self-reliance in Defence Systems.It undertakes design & development leading to the production of a world-class weapon system.
1 min read