- China has said that Indian Prime Minister,Chinese President and his Russian counterpart will hold their second trilateral summit in Osaka, Japan.
- This meeting will take place on the sidelines of the upcoming two-day G-20 summit.China has also signalled that the trilateral mechanism of Russia,India and China(RIC) had now become institutionalised.
- RIC meeting is important as Russia,India and China are countries that carry important voices in international politics and have the potential to significantly influence world events.
- The RIC has been viewed as a restraining force on any unquestioned Western hegemony.
- The RIC countries have been working together in various regional and global organizations such as BRICS(Brazil,Russia,India,China and South Africa),SCO(Shanghai Cooperation Organization) and BASIC (Brazil, South Africa,India and China).
- Further,the three countries will also meet meet again for the Eastern Economic Forum where Indian PM will be the chief guest.
- Eastern Economic Forum is an international forum held each year in Vladivostok,Russia for the purpose of encouraging foreign investment in the Russia Far East.
- The Eastern Economic Forum is considered as the biggest international communication platform for cooperation between business leaders and senior government representatives from Russia,the Pacific Region and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
7 min read