- Ministry of AYUSH and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare have signed MoU to establish inter-sectorial convergence to eliminate tuberculosis in India by 2025.
- The collaboration aims at development of linkages and integration of TB care services within the infrastructure and institutional network of AYUSH
- The Indian government has had put forward National Strategic Plan (NSP) for TB Elimination, 2017-2025. The plan is a framework to provide guidance for the activities of various stakeholders to reduce the burden of TB mortality and morbidity.
- In 2018, the government launched the TB Free India campaign to take activities under NSP for TB Elimination. The campaign seeks to eliminate TB in India by 2025- 5 years ahead of the Sustainable Development Targets (SDG 3.3) which sets the goal to 2030.
- TB is an infectious airborne bacterial disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
1 min read