- The Nagaland government has said that the guidelines for implementing the Register of Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland would be framed in consultation with civil society groups and traditional tribal bodies.
- The RIIN is aimed at preparing a master list of all indigenous peoples. It is being prepared to stop the issuance of fake indigenous inhabitant certificates.
- December 1, 1963, the date on which Nagaland attained statehood is the base year for determining an indigenous inhabitant of the State.
- The exercise will be conducted through an extensive survey of residents in every village and ward in the state and will be based on existing official records. The list will be prepared under the supervision of each district administration.
- The exercise to prepare RIIN will begin on July 10 and will be completed within 60 days.
1 min read