- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) has developed a national strategy document “UNNATEE” for accelerating energy efficiency in India.
- This exercise is first of its kind initiative clearly delineating the energy efficiency targets for the respective demand sectors up to the state levels.
- The document describes a framework and implementation strategy to establish a clear linkage between energy supply-demand scenarios and energy efficiency opportunities.It offers a comprehensive roadmap to address India’s environmental and climate change mitigation action through energy efficiency measures.
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) was set up under the provisions of Energy Conservation Act, 2001.Its mission is to assist in developing policies with the primary objective of reducing energy intensity of the Indian Economy.
- BEE is responsible for (a)Create awareness and disseminate information on energy efficiency and conservation (b)Promote innovative financing of energy efficiency projects (c)Give financial assistance to institutions for promoting efficient use of energy and its conservation (d)Prepare educational curriculum on efficient use of energy and its conservation and (e)Implement international co-operation programmes relating to efficient use of energy and its conservation.
2 min read