News:Nature Ranking Index 2020 has been released by the Nature Index.
About the Index:
- The rankings are based on the total research output which the institutions have carried out from December,2018 to November,2019.
- The research output means the total citations in numbers and sharing percentage per article.
Key takeaways from the index:
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR) has topped the index.
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc),Bangalore has been ranked second.
- The third place has been secured by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research(TIFR-Mumbai).