- Nepal has successfully launched its first satellite,NepaliSat-1 into space from the US.
- NepaliSat-1 is a low orbit satellite which will be in the 400-km distance from the Earth’s surface.It will be stationed at the International Space Station for a month and then it will be sent to orbit the earth.
- The satellite will take photographs on a regular basis to gather geographical information of the country.
- NAST (Nepal Academy of Science and Technology) initiated the launch of the country’s own satellite under the BIRDS project of the Japanese Kyushu Institute of Technology.
- The BIRDS project has been designed in association with the United Nations and aims at helping countries launch their first satellite.
Please follow and like us: