- The Cabinet Committee on Security has cleared the setting up of the Defence Space Research Agency (DSRO).
- The DSRO will comprise scientists who will work closely with integrated staff officers of the three armed forces – the Indian Air Force, Army, and the Navy.
- It will work on space warfare weapon systems and technologies. It would provide the research and development support to the Defence Space Agency (DSA).
- The DSA comprises members of the three services and is headed by an Air Vice Marshal-level officer. The main objective of DSA is to fight wars in space.
- The DSA will come up in Bengaluru and will gradually take over space-related capabilities of the three forces.
Please follow and like us: