- Union minister has informed that Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has launched a scheme for grant of financial assistance to NGOs for administering Road Safety Advocacy in the last FY 2017-18.
- Under this Scheme,proposals for road safety advocacy programmes through 203 different Non-Governmental Organisations(NGOs)/Trusts/ Cooperative Societies have been sanctioned in FY 2017-18.
- As per the scheme provisions,financial assistance for a road safety programme is Rs.five lakh.
- The scheme does not provide for any advance payment and financial assistance is reimbursed only after the successful completion of the programme.
- There are adequate safeguards in the scheme to ensure proper utilization of funds such as (a)No advance payment is released to any agency (b)Registration of the NGO on Darpan Portal (c)The scheme is administered through a Project Management Unit(PMU) for scrutiny of proposals.
5 min read