- The Union Human Resource Development Minister has launched ‘National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement (NISHTHA)’.
- NISHTHA is the world’s largest teachers’ training programme of its kind in the world.
- The objective of the programme is to motivate and equip teachers to encourage and foster critical thinking in students.
- Under it,teachers will develop their skills on various aspects related to (a)Learning Outcomes (b)School Safety and Security (c)ICT in teaching and learning including Artificial Intelligence (d)Environmental Concerns and (e)School Based Assessment in a joyful learning manner.
- The programme will aim to build the capacities of around 42 lakh participants covering (a)all teachers and heads of elementary Government schools (b)faculty members of State Councils of Educational Research and Training(SCERTs) and District Institutes of Education and Training(DIETs) and (c)Block Resource Coordinators and Cluster Resource Coordinators in all States and UTs.
- The training will be conducted by Key Resource Persons (KRPs) and State Resource Persons (SRP) identified by the State and UTs.KRPs will in turn be trained by 120 National Resource Persons identified from National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
2 min read