- China has tried to reassure India that it does not intend to exclude India from international diplomacy on Afghanistan.
- This assurance came after India was excluded from the quadrilateral talks among China,Russia, the U.S. and Pakistan on the Afghanistan peace process.
- The four countries had jointly urged the Taliban to immediately agree to a ceasefire and begin direct negotiations with the Afghanistan government to end the 18-year violence in the war-torn country.
- Further,China has said that there was no deliberate intent among the participants to exclude India from discussions on the Afghanistan peace process.
- However,experts have said that with the institutionalisation of the quadrilateral mechanism,India will not be on the table where key decisions on Afghan reconciliation will be taken.
1 min read