- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has invited nominations for Vayoshreshtha Samman- National Awards for Senior Citizens 2019 for Individuals/Institutions.
- Vayoshreshtha Sammans are conferred every year in thirteen categories.These are given to eminent senior citizens and Institutions involved in rendering distinguished services for the cause of elderly persons.
- The objective of the award is to showcase the Government’s concern for senior citizens and its commitment towards senior citizens with the aim of strengthening their legitimate place in the society.
- The series of awards were instituted by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in the year 2005 and were elevated to the level of national awards in 2013.
- The recipients of the Sammans are declared every year on the 1st September and conferred on the 1st October on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons (IDOP).
Please follow and like us: