- The Jal Shakti Ministry has told the Parliament that only 18% of India’s rural households have access to piped water.
- The Ministry has also reiterated that it aims to supply piped water to all rural households under its Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Jal Jeevan Mission seeks to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections (HarGharJal) to all rural households by 2024
- The Mission will focus on integrated demand and supply-side management of water at the local level. It seeks to implement source sustainability measures recharge and reuse through grey water management, water conservation, rain water harvesting.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission seeks to converge with other Central and State Government Schemes to achieve its objectives of sustainable water supply management across India.
1 min read