- The National Small Industries Corporation Limited(NSIC) has signed an MoU with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises for the year 2019-20.
- The MoU envisages provision of enhanced services by NSIC under its marketing, financial, technology and other support services schemes for MSMEs in the country.
- Under the scheme of National SC-ST Hub,implemented by NSIC on behalf of the Ministry of MSME, it will continue to provide assistance to SC/ST entrepreneurs with the overall objectives to increase their participation in public procurement.
- The NSIC also plans to enhance its activities in the areas of imparting entrepreneurship and skill development training to MSME by targeting 45 % growth in the number of trainees.
- NSIC is a Government of India Enterprise under the Mini-Ratna Category.It was established in 1955.NSIC has been working to promote, aid and foster the growth of micro, small and medium enterprises in the country.It works under Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
6 min read