News:Union minister of Women and Child Development has informed Lok Sabha about the One Stop Centre scheme.
About One stop Centre scheme:
- One Stop Centre(OSC) are centres established by the Government of India through the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) to support women affected by violence of any sort.
- The main objectives of the scheme is to provide support and assistance to women affected by violence at private or at any public place, irrespective of caste, class, religion among others.
- These centres will provide immediate access to a range of services including medical, legal, psychological and counselling support to the victims.
- The scheme is funded through Nirbhaya Fund and the central government provides 100% financial assistance to the state governments /Union Territories administrations.
About Nirbhaya fund:
- The Nirbhaya fund scheme seeks to support initiatives by the government and NGOs working towards protecting the dignity and ensuring the safety of women in India.
- The fund was set up in 2013 in the aftermath of the gruesome gang-rape and murder in Delhi.
- The key schemes under the fund includes (a)Emergency Response Support System (b)Central Victim Compensation Fund (c)Cyber Crime Prevention against Women and Children (d)One Stop Scheme (e)Mahila Police Volunteer and (f)Universalisation of Women Helpline Scheme.