- Pakistan has successfully test-fired surface-to-surface ballistic missile called as Shaheen-II.
- The Pakistan Army has said that the launch was aimed at ensuring operational readiness of the Army Strategic Forces Command.
- Shaheen-II Missile is capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads up to a range of 1,500 kilometers which brings major Indian cities under its range.
- Further,Pakistan has already test-fired the Shaheen-III nuclear-capable missile with a range of up to 1,700 miles enabling it to strike all corners of India and reach deep into the Middle East including Israel.
- Ballistic missile follows a ballistic trajectory to deliver one or more warheads on a predetermined target.These weapons are guided during relatively brief periods of flight and most of their trajectory is unpowered, being governed by gravity and air resistance if in the atmosphere.
5 min read