News:Minister of Tourism has inaugurated the nationwide “Paryatan Parv 2019”.
About Paryatan Parv:
- Paryatan Parv 2019 is dedicated to 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The objective of the event is to draw (a)focus on the benefits of tourism, (b)showcase the cultural diversity of the country and (c)reinforce the principle of “Tourism for All”.
The three components of Paryatan Parv are:
- Dekho Apna Desh:To encourage Indians to visit their own country. In the run up to the parv, several activities have been organised across the Country like photography contest, promotion on social media among others through the MyGov platform.
- Tourism for All:Tourism Events at sites across all States in the country are being organised.The activities at these sites will include illumination in and around the Sites, Cultural Programmes among others,
- Tourism & Governance: Interactive Sessions & Workshops with Stakeholders on varied themes have been organised across the Country as a part of the Paryatan parv activities.