- Indian Prime Minister(PM) will be on a three day visit to Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates(UAE).
- During the UAE visit,Indian PM will be honoured with the “Order of Zayed” which is the highest UAE civilian award.It is conferred due to distinguished leadership of Prime Minister for giving a big boost to bilateral relations between the two countries.
- UAE-India relations got momentum after Prime Minister paid a visit to the nation in 2015.The Crown Prince visited India in 2017 as the Chief Guest for Republic Day celebrations.In 2018,Indian Prime minister had again visited UAE.
- The annual bilateral trade between India and the UAE stood at about $60 billion and the UAE was India’s third-largest trade partner.The UAE is also a key source of energy for India as it is the fourth-largest exporter of crude oil for India.
- The Prime Minister would also visit the Kingdom of Bahrain.This will be the first ever Prime Ministerial visit from India to Bahrain.
- India enjoys close and friendly relations with Bahrain rooted in ancient trade and cultural links and people to people contacts and underpinned by regular exchange of high level visits.
- India-Bahrain bilateral trade has been on the rise for the last few years, reaching about US$ 1.3 billion in 2018-19.Further,about 350,000 Indian nationals,the largest expatriate community in Bahrain has been contributing to the development of Bahrain.
2 min read