- Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy (IC) has reviewed the Draft Distribution Perspective Plan for power sector in India.
- The draft plan is the first ever plan at Distribution level which has been prepared by the Central Electricity Authority(CEA) under the guidance of the Ministry of Power.
- The efforts towards making a Distribution plan is aimed at sustaining the goal of 24X7 uninterrupted power for all with increasing demand of electricity by consumers.
- The plan lays emphasis on 100% metering of all consumers and providing an electricity connection on demand.
- The plan also envisages frontier technology initiatives with an objective of providing reliable quality power supply to consumers.
- Additionally,the plan also envisages conversion of all Electricity consumer meters into smart meters in prepaid mode within the next three years.
- Smart metering would empower consumers with tools to help them conserve energy and plan their electricity usage in an efficient and optimum manner.
- The plan anticipates an increase in Distribution substation capacity by 38%, Distribution transformation capacity by 32% and an increase in different types of feeder lengths by 27-38% till 2022.
2 min read