- Government of India is set to launch Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Man-Dhan scheme.It is a pension scheme for retailers and small traders.
- The pension scheme assures a minimum monthly pension of ₹3000 per month to small shopkeepers, retail traders and the self-employed people after attaining the age of 60 years once they have contributed to the scheme every month from the time of enrolment and till that age.
- Further, the Government of India will make matching contribution in the subscribers’ account
- The scheme is available to all small shopkeepers and self-employed persons as well as the retail traders with Goods and Services tax (GST) turnover below Rs.1.5 crore and aged between 18-40 years.
- To be eligible applicants should not be covered under the (a)National Pension Scheme (b)Employees’ State Insurance Scheme and the (c)Employees’ Provident Fund or (d)be an Income Tax assessee.
- The scheme is based on self-declaration as no documents are required except Aadhaar and bank account.Interested persons can enrol through Common Service Centres (CSC) spread across the country
- The scheme would target enrolling 25 lakh subscribers in 2019-2020 and 2 crore by 2023-2024.
2 min read