- Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas has informed the Rajya Sabha that Government has taken various policy initiatives to increase the domestic production of crude oil and natural gas.
- Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga project aims to provide piped cooking gas to residents of Varanasi and later to millions of people in states like Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Odisha.
- The government estimates that around 5 lakh gas cylinders will be sent at rural areas annually.
- According to GAIL,with the Urja Ganga project,20 lakh households will get PNG connections.The project is said to be a major step towards collective growth and development of the Eastern region of India.
- GAIL has built a network of trunk pipelines covering the length of around 11,000 km.With Urja Ganga project,this number will further increase by 2540 km.
1 min read