News:Indian Army has launched a project named Project Beehive.
About Project Beehive:
- Project Beehive was launched by the Army’s Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers(EME) on September 1,2019.
- The project seeks to achieve greater automation of the Corps and connect all its workshops to an integrated smart network with real-time data analytics capabilities.
- The centralised network would allow Indian army to access data about any equipment across the country in real-time basis,
- The project would also have the capability to analyse the data and say which equipment is due for maintenance.
- The project has been divided into eight modules of which the first module is ready and the second is under preparation.
- The Army had earlier automated its workshops under WASP (Workshop Honey bees) which is now being upgraded to be on the same level with Beehive.
About Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers(EME):
- The Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers(EME) is an arms and service branch of the Indian Army.
- The Corps has varying responsibilities related to the design, development, trial, inspection and refit of weapon systems and equipment.
- They also provide technical advice to units and conduct recovery operations in peace and war.