- Government of India has launched Project Sparrow for online writing of Annual Performance Appraisal Reports (APARs) for over 46,000 Group B & C officers of Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs(CBIC).
- SPARROW stands for Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW).It is a project for online writing of Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) for Officers of CBIC.
- The Directorate General of Human Resource Management (DGHRM), the HR arm of CBIC is the implementing agency for this project.
- SPARROW-CBIC brings a complete change in APAR management of such a large number of Group B & C officers of CBIC which would in turn lead to better HR Management.It is an important milestone in the journey towards digitisation and paperless working.
- Earlier,online writing of APARs in SPARROW for IRS(C&CE) Officers had already been implemented.Now,online writing of APARs in SPARROW has been launched for Group B & C officers of CBIC.
- In Performance Appraisal,assessment of performance of employees is undertaken periodically for determining their output and their abilities. Performance appraisal is carried out to serve many purposes such as promotion , compensation, training and so on.
5 min read