- The Rajasthan government has given an official go ahead to implement the Central government’s flagship health insurance scheme, Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(AB-PMJAY).
- AB-PMJAY will be integrated with Rajasthan’s existing state health scheme,Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana(BSBY).
- Rajasthan is currently providing benefits to 97 lakh families under the state scheme.This leaves only Delhi,Telangana,Odisha and West Bengal out of the Ayushmann Bharat.
- Further,Ayushman Bharat is also undergoing a price review of over 1,000 medical packages being offered to patients to ensure sustainability and quality healthcare.
- For this,the government has set up committees of leading doctors from across the country.The Indian Medical Association has also been demanding a reasonable and fair package rate under Ayushman Bharat.
- Ayushman Bharat is the National Health Protection Scheme which targets to cover over 10 crore poor vulnerable families (around 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage of up to ₹5 lakh (per family per year) for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.The benefit cover includes pre and post hospitalisation expenses.
8 min read