- The Punjab State Health Minister has said that the state government will launch its flagship universal health insurance scheme ‘Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana’ from July. It is a first of its kind in the state.
- The scheme will provide an annual health cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family. Around 43.18 lakh families in Punjab will be covered under the scheme.
- Out of 43.18 lakh families, there are 14.86 lakh Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) families. The cost of the premium for families covered under PMJAY would be borne by the Union Government and the State Government in 60:40 ratio. For the rest of beneficiaries all the cost would be borne by the State Government
- Beneficiaries could avail the cashless secondary care and tertiary treatment in empanelled public and private hospitals of Punjab and Chandigarh.
- Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) is a centrally sponsored scheme which seeks to provide coverage of up to ₹5 lakh (per family per year) for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.
7 min read