- The Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME) has organised an international SME convention in New Delhi to observe International MSME Day.
- The theme of the convention is “Indian MSMEs,Global Aspirations”.The first convention was held in April 2018.The convention is organised in association with India SME Forum.
- The objectives of the Convention were(a)To boost the international competitiveness of the Indian MSMEs (b)Provide MSMEs a platform to understand the opportunities in the international market (c)Disseminate information on global market demand,ease of export financing for exports and developing strategies to penetrate new markets.
- During the convention,Union Minister for MSME has said that the government has set the targets such as raising the contribution of MSME sector to the country’s GDP to 50 % from the present 29 %.
- The government will also ensure that MSME sector gave employment to at least 15 Crore people against the 11.1 Crore at present.
7 min read