- Vice President of India has appreciated Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) for restoring ‘Shyamoli’.
- Shyamoli is the heritage house of late Rabindranath Tagore.It is an experimental mud-house built at Santiniketan in 1935.
- The house has been recently renovated by the Archaeological Survey of India as a deposit work and is a property of Visva-Bharati at present.
- Archaeological Survey of India(ASI) is an Indian government agency attached to the Ministry of Culture.It was founded in 1861 by Alexander Cunningham who also became its first Director-General
- It is responsible for archaeological research and conservation and preservation of cultural monuments in the country.
1 min read