News:Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has announced the opening of online registrations for IndiaSkills 2020.
- IndiaSkills is a biennial national skills competition initiative organized by National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC) under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- It aims at helping youth in India leverage the immense opportunities that this platform offers to showcase their talent in the best possible way.
- It provides a platform for skilled and talented Indian youngsters to showcase their abilities at regional and national level competitions in over 50 skills.
- The winners of IndiaSkills 2020 will get a chance to represent the country at the WorldSkills International Competition to be held in China in 2021.
- WorldSkills International is the largest skills competition in the world.It is organised once every two years in one of the member countries.
- The objective of the competition is to demonstrate the advantages of learning a vocational skill and encouraging ‘parity of esteem’ between vocational and academic qualifications.
- Currently,it consists of 79 Member countries and regions,most of which organise national skills competitions that help to prepare the workforce and talent of today for the jobs of the future.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a not-for-profit public limited company incorporated in 2008 under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956
- The Government of India through Ministry of Skills Development & Entrepreneurship(MSDE) holds 49% of the share capital of NSDC while the private sector has the balance 51% of the share capital.
- The overall objective of NSDC is to create training capacity in the country, fund vocational training initiatives and create a market ecosystem for skill development.