- The Election Commission of India has organised a National Conference of Systematic Voters Education and Electoral Participation(SVEEP) Nodal Officers to deliberate upon the blueprint for the next five years.
- SVEEP is a programme of multiple interventions through different modes and media.It is designed to educate citizens,electors and voters about the electoral process in order to increase their awareness and participation in the electoral processes.
- SVEEP is designed according to the socio-economic,cultural and demographic profile of the state as well as the history of electoral participation in previous rounds of elections and learning thereof.
- It includes enhanced interaction with the citizens through social media, online contests and voters festivals.It also includes awareness on the new initiatives launched by the EC.
- In addition to target groups of women,youth,urban voters and the marginalized sections,the inclusion of groups like service voters,NRIs, persons with disabilities,prospective voters,students is also of primary focus.
7 min read