News:Recently, Tawang Festival has been celebrated in Arunachal Pradesh.
About Tawang Festival:
- Tawang Festival is an annual festival of Arunachal Pradesh.
- It celebrates states rich cultural heritage and includes attractions like Buddhist religious functions, indigenous sports, traditional dances among others.
- The festival starts with the religious tradition known as Sebang which is the process of monks of Tawang town moving to the festival spot in rallies from the Tawang monastery.
- The major attractions of the festival are the Dance of Yak and the Aji-lhamu Dance.
About Tawang monastery:
- Tawang monastery is located in Tawang city of Tawang district in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It is the largest monastery in India and second largest in the world after the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet.
- The monastery belongs to the Gelug school of Mahayana Buddhism.
- The Monastery is also known in Tibetan as Gaden Namgyal Lhatse, which translates to celestial paradise in a clear night.