- Ministry of Textiles has signed an MoU with 16 states to partner with it for skilling about four lakh workers as part of the ‘Samarth’ scheme.
- Samarth (Scheme For Capacity Building In Textile Sector) is a flagship skill development scheme of Ministry of Textiles.
- The objective of the scheme is to provide skill development to the youth for gainful and sustainable employment in the textile sector covering entire value chain of textiles excluding spinning and weaving.
- The scheme is intended to provide demand driven, placement oriented National Skills Qualifications Framework(NSQF) compliant skilling programmes.
- The scheme targets to train 10 lakh youth up to 2020 with a projected outlay of Rs 1300 crore.Biometric process are also used under this scheme for selection of candidates for training purposes.
1 min read