News:Government of Odisha in collaboration with United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund(UNICEF) has unveiled a mascot named ‘Tikki Mausi’.
About the mascot:
- The mascot- ‘Tikki Mausi’ aims to change the behaviour of common people and make them aware about child and women’s nutrition and development in every household.
- The mascot has been named as ‘Tikki Mausi’ in reference to the second mother of a child.
- It is also projected to spread awareness for better health care of children and their development.
- UNICEF stands for United Nations Children’s Fund.It was created by the United Nations General Assembly in 1946.It is headquartered in New York,USA.
- It is a special program of the United Nations (UN) devoted to aiding national efforts to improve the health, nutrition, education, and general welfare of children.