News:United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees(UNHCR) has launched a 2 Billion Kilometers to Safety’ campaign.
About the campaign:
- The 2 Billion Kilometres to Safety campaign aims to encourage people to support refugees by championing individual acts of solidarity.
- The campaign invites people to act in solidarity and run, walk or cycle to achieve a cumulative total of two billion kilometres.
- Hence,these acts,when taken together acknowledge the resilience and strength of refugees.
- The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950.It is headquartered at Geneva, Switzerland.
- It’s mandate is to protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people, and assists in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.