News:Andhra Pradesh Government has launched the Village Secretariat system.
About Village Secretariat system:
- The village secretariat system is aimed at ensuring an efficient and corruption-free delivery of the government’s welfare schemes to households.
- Under the system,one Village Secretariat has been set up for every population of 2,000 with each one comprising close to a dozen village officials.
- The system would consist of ward and village volunteer system who will take governance to the doorsteps of the people.
- The volunteers will conduct door-to-door visits and provide the benefits under various programmes to eligible beneficiaries.
- This scheme also involves the provision of one volunteer to cover 50 families in each village.Identity cards would be given to the volunteers and they would be given an honorarium of Rs 5,000 per month.
- The volunteers would first identify the beneficiaries, get to know their problems and then delineate the schemes being provided by the government for them.