News:Union Human Resource Development Minister has launched the Waste Management Accelerator for Aspiring Women Entrepreneurs (WAWE Summit 2019).
About the summit:
- The summit will be the largest gathering of young women students who will promote entrepreneurship in waste management and provide alternatives to single-use plastic carry bags.
- The summit is jointly organized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Institute of Waste Management(IIWM) at Jaipur.
- The theme of the summit is: “Make your own bag – empowering women to take up income generation activity and entrepreneurship in waste management, through making a business out of this record-creating concept.”
- The All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education.
- It works under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- It was initially established in 1945 as an advisory body and later on in 1987 given statutory status by an Act of Parliament.
- AICTE is responsible for proper planning and coordinated development of the technical education and management education system in India.
- It also accredits postgraduate and graduate programs under specific categories at Indian institutions as per its charter.