- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is being observed on 15th June.
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed on the 15th of June every year to voice opposition to the abuse and suffering inflicted on elderly people.
- The United Nations General Assembly, in 2011, designated June 15 as World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. The recognition came after a request by the International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (INPEA).
- INPEA is an international NGO, founded in 1997, which is dedicated to the global dissemination of information as part of its commitment to the world-wide prevention of the abuse of older people.
- Elder abuse is a global social issue which affects the health and human rights of millions of older persons around the world. According to UN, around 1 in 6 older people experience some form of abuse.
5 min read