- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries has announced that the World Food India 2019 will be held from 1-4th November 2019 in New Delhi.
- The event seeks to position India as Food Processing Destination of the World. The tagline of the event will be “Forging Partnerships for Growth”.
- The event will consist of several top level seminars, investment opportunities, exhibitions, high level CEO roundtables, country sessions, B2B and B2G networking etc.
- The World Food India is a biennial event which aims to promote India’s food processing sector at global level. The first event was conducted in 2017.
- According to the Ministry, Indian Food Processing Industry has grown at 11% growth rate, which is twice the pace of Global Industry. The sector has recorded significant growth rate across all major sub-segments of the sectors both in terms of value and volume.
- However, exports remain low, with India’s share in global exports of processed food being only 2%.
- Besides, India also has a high share of harvest and post-harvest losses from major agricultural produces on account of poor storage, transportation and logistics
7 min read