- Addressing the Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations,Chinese President has rejected the clash of civilisations theory.
- This statement came after US officials had described the rivalry between China and the US as a fight with a different civilisation and a different ideology.
- The Clash of Civilizations is a hypothesis that people’s cultural and religious identities will be the primary source of conflict in the post-Cold War world.It was proposed by American political scientist Samuel P. Huntington who argued that future wars would be fought not between countries but between cultures.
- Further,Chinese President also reiterated the idea of a community of shared destiny arguing that Asian countries should open and connect their policies, infrastructure, trade, investment and people.
- Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations(CDAC) was held on 15 May 2019 in Beijing,China.The dialogue was organized to promote intercultural dialogue in view of building an Asian Community of Shared Future which focussed on cultural diversity,exchanges and mutual learning of Asian civilization.
4 min read