News:According to a report,a new Trojan called ‘Shopper malware’ is increasing its presence among smartphone users.
About Shopper Malware:
- The Malware is targeting the retail applications.Around 14 percent of Indians have been affected by this malware.
- As the Trojan gains permission,it interacts with the system interfaces and capture every data being featured in the screen.It is also capable of reading data being entered on the screen.
- Malware (malicious software) refers to any kind of software that is designed to cause damage to a single computer, server or computer network.
- It is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive malicious software including computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, and ransomware among others.
- Trojan horse is a malware that disguises itself as a normal file or program to trick users into downloading and installing malware.
About Cyber Swachhta Kendra:
- The Cyber Swachhta Kendra(Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre) is a part of the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In).
- It was setup to enhance the cyber security of Digital India’s IT infrastructure by providing information on botnet/malware threats and suggesting remedial measures.
- In addition,it also strives to create awareness among citizens to secure their data, computers, mobile phones and devices such as home routers.