- Chinese official has requested India to include Huawei in its 5G trials despite the U.S. government’s opposition to the Huawei.
- The US administration has barred use or installation of Huawei 5G technology equipped devices in critical infrastructure and offices related to security establishment.
- The US has also been lobbying with friendly nations to boycott Huawei 5G rollout in those countries.Japan and Australia have already barred Huawei from rolling out 5G technology there.
- India has not yet committed to US administration’s call for a ban on Huawei plan to rollout 5G in the country.India maintains the decision will be taken considering its own business and security interests.
- Further,India officials have been worried about the potential for 5G networks to be used for mass surveillance as well as the potential for a foreign agency to disrupt systems, especially from a company like Huawei that has connections to the Chinese government.
- 5G (5th Generation) is a version of mobile communications.It succeeds LTE mobile networks- 4G, 3G, and 2G (GSM).In telecommunication, Long-Term Evolution (LTE) is a standard for wireless broadband communication for mobile devices and data terminals.
- According to experts,5G would provide near-instantaneous connectivity —20 times faster than 4G.The other expected benefits of 5G include reduced latency (faster response time),energy saving,cost reduction, higher system capacity and mass device connectivity.
6 min read