News:Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways has said that Bhoomi Rashi Portal has expedited the process of land acquisition for National Highways by making it error-free & more transparent.
About the Portal:
- Launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways with the help of National informatics Centre(NIC).
- It acts as a single point platform for online processing of land acquisition projects to accelerate highway infrastructure development in India.
- The portal has been integrated with the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) for depositing the compensation in the account of affected/ interested persons on a real-time basis.
- It is a web-based online software application developed and implemented by the Office of Controller General of Accounts(CGA).
- Aim:To facilitate a sound Public Financial Management System for the Government of India(GoI) by establishing an efficient fund flow system as well as a payment cum accounting network.
- It’s coverage includes a) Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored Schemes b) Direct Benefit transfer among others.